[typo] Caching Issues

Jason jasonivers at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 5 21:32:15 EST 2007

I seem to be having a caching issue with Typo.  It appears that it gets caught
in a loop when attempting to expire articles from the cache.  It also appears
that if something (and I'm not certain why a few things are and a few things
aren't) is in the cache, it loads okay, without anything in the log files.  If
it isn't in the cache, however, it takes a really long time to load, if it
doesn't time out (time out is set for 3 minutes) then it comes up with no theme,
which of course makes it look not so good.

As far as I can tell, the after_save and after_destroy filters in
app/models/blog_sweeper keep getting called, over and over, and if I try to post
a new article (before everything started timing out... it started off with just
new articles), it would build the ruby object but never get it saved to the
database.

I've included a very small sample of what shows up in my log file when I try to
go to http://www.AMiracleADay.com/

Expiring #<Article:0x2b2a9a3307a8>, with controller:
Expiring #<Article:0x2b2a99ff6088>, with controller:
Expiring #<Article:0x2b2a9a1f24e0>, with controller:
Expiring #<Article:0x2b2a9a205180>, with controller:
Expiring #<Article:0x2b2a9a20a360>, with controller:

It essentially keeps spamming the log with that, with only the article's ID
changing, until it times out at 3 minutes.

This is really frustrating, so any help is appreciated.