[typo] Typo not working under Leopard!

William Ross will at spanner.org
Fri Nov 2 05:06:11 EDT 2007

the data is (are?) probably still there: it depends how you installed
typo, and how you installed leopard. 10.5 includes rails and (I
think) mysql and it will try and use its own version rather than the
version you had installed before. the paths will be different, the
data will be in another place and anyway, as the error messages says,
mysql is not running.

first thing to do is find your old data and make sure it's safe. it
might just be in /usr/local/mysql/data, or in /opt/local if you were
using ports, or if you were using locomotive I have no idea. Find
them (try locate), make a copy in a safe place, find out how to get
mysql going, move the old data files for your typo installation to
the place where mysql expects to find them, then try typo again and
see what else is missing. you may need to reinstall mysql or some
other components, but i would avoid doing that unless you feel
comfortable setting up the whole rails environment.

I'm not running leopard on my work machines yet so i can't be any
more specific than that. I hope it helps.

best,

will

On 2 Nov 2007, at 08:21, Eamon Ford wrote:

> Oh no. :( But what do you mean when you say "yet"?
>

> On Nov 2, 2007, at 1:05 AM, Frederic de Villamil <neuro at 7el.net>
> wrote:
>
>> Well, if you haven't backed your mysql database up before
>> installing your new OS, it's obvious you've lost it and
>> unfortunately, we can't do anything about it yet.
>>
>> Regards
>> Frédéric
>>
>> Le 2 nov. 07 à 08:51, Eamon Ford a écrit :
>>
>>> OK, here's what production.log says. Does this mean I have to
>>> reinstall MySQL? Oh crap... does that also mean I've lost
>>> everything in my Typo database?
>>>

>>> Processing ArticlesController#index (for 192.168.0.3 at
>>> 2007-11-02 00:47:59) [GET]
>>>   Parameters: {"action"=>"index", "controller"=>"articles"}
>>>

>>> Errno::ENOENT (No such file or directory - /tmp/mysql.sock):

(rest snipped to placate mailing list grrr)