[typo] How to I set Typo's Blog URL to be relative?

Eamon Ford eamonford at mac.com
Thu May 24 11:19:04 EDT 2007

On May 24, 2007, at 8:09 AM, Alex Deva wrote:

> This is no longer related to Typo.

Yeah, sorry for getting off-topic.

> Anyway: the 'hosts' files which
> need altering are on every machine in your house, and in that case,
> instead of "127.0.0.1" you need to use the server IP which is visible
> from inside your house. Therefore, you'd need to add that line into
> the respective 'hosts' files of all the computers in your LAN.
>
> Alternatively, if you have access to the DNS server that you're using
> (for instance, if your router has this feature), you can set up this
> pseudoroute inside that DNS; then all computers which it serves in
> your house would be redirected to the internal IP when they navigate
> towards 'http://insert-public-hostname-here'

Actually, the reason I have to go to all this trouble is because my
router doesn't support that... I might just need to get a better router.

But back on the topic of Typo, it's weird, because up until a few
days ago, it seemed that Typo was using relative urls, even though
the Blog URL was set to the server's internal IP address. Then
suddenly none of the links were working from outside my house,
because it was linking to the server's internal IP.

Anyway, thanks for your help.