[typo] How to I set Typo's Blog URL to be relative?

Alex Deva alxx at indigenious.ro
Thu May 24 02:59:52 EDT 2007

Hi Eamon,

A workaround -- which works if your public IP also has a hostname --
is to use that hostname instead of the public IP, when not from home;
then, in your /etc/hosts file (or wherever Windows keeps the
equivalent file these days) you add an entry like this:	insert-public-hostname-here

What this does is: it overwrites your machine's default use of DNS
when looking up that particular hostname, and instead always goes to
localhost for it.

And then you configure the blog absolute URL:

If you don't have a hostname and don't want to buy an entire domain
for your public IP, ask someone to lend you a subdomain. That's free
and easy. But normally your ISP should assign you a hostname too,
with that public IP.