[typo] Cache-flushing slowing down Typo

Piers Cawley pdcawley at bofh.org.uk
Thu Jun 28 15:56:15 EDT 2007

On 28/06/07, Eamon Ford <eamonford at mac.com> wrote:
> Hi everybody,
> I'm running Typo on a 500MHz G4 PowerBook, and whenever I post a new
> entry or comment, Typo loads extreeeeemly slowly. Someone told me
> that this is because of the cache-flushing mechanism, which uses a
> lot of resources. Now, I know 500MHz is a very slow processor, but it
> seems like before I upgraded from 4.0.3 to 4.1.1, everything was
> working fine. Did something change in 4.1.1 having to do with cache-
> flushing? And if so, does anyone have any idea when it might be fixed?

Have you tried the edge? My blog used to suffer badly when the cache
had flushed, but I've noticed improvements over the past few
revisions. Also, what sidebars are you using? RSS based sidebars need
to wait for a response from their feeds, and ruby being ruby, we're
not doing those requests asynchronously.