[typo] A 'feature'? of the Visual Rich Editor

Chris Patti cpatti at gmail.com
Wed Jun 27 18:11:06 EDT 2007

This may be exactly the way it's supposed to work but it confused the crud
out of me so I thought I'd post for the few non ubergeeks in the audience
like myself.

If you turn on the 'Visual Rich Editor' in your settings, but use a client
like TextMate's blogging bundle to compose your posts with Markdown and then
edit them later from the web interface, you will lose.  Hard.  the Visual
Rich editor will interpret your Markdown as plain text, try to add HTML tags
into the budy of your article and generally mark things up as if you were
typing them in from scratch, resulting in a big old mess :)

The moral of this story is: If you use external clients and Markdown (or
ostensibly any other text filter) turn off the Visual Rich Editor.

Chris Patti --- Y!: feoh -- AIM: chrisfeohpatti --- E-Mail:
cpatti at gmail.com
"The greatest dangers to liberty lurk in insidious encroachment by men of
  zeal,well-meaning but without understanding."-- Justice Louis O. Brandeis
(Olmstead vs. United States)