[typo] defined $TESTING

Chris Patti cpatti at gmail.com
Tue Jun 12 10:28:56 EDT 2007

On 6/9/07, Piers Cawley <pdcawley at bofh.org.uk> wrote:
> On 09/06/07, Matijs van Zuijlen <Matijs.van.Zuijlen at xs4all.nl> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > The copy of memcache.rb in typo's trunk has the line
> >
> >   $TESTING = defined? $TESTING
> >
> > at the top. This means that after including memcache, $TESTING is
> > definitely defined. If we're testing, it's true, if not, it's defined and
> > false.
> >
> > In the typo code elsewhere, the checks for testing mode only check whether
> > $TESTING is defined, not what its actual value is.
> >
> > This means typo always runs in testing mode!
> >
> > I believe this is the main reason threaded trackback pings were not
> > working properly.
>
> Oh dear ghod! Thanks for the spot. I shall fix it immediately.

Thanks indeed.  For those of us running the gem, just comment out or
delete the $TESTING = defined? $TESTING line and watch your Typo
instance go Vroom :)

-Chris

--
 Chris Patti --- Y!: feoh -- AIM: chrisfeohpatti --- E-Mail:  cpatti at gmail.com
"The greatest dangers to liberty lurk in insidious encroachment by men of