[typo] Extending articles

The Cunctator cunctator at gmail.com
Mon Jun 11 19:15:28 EDT 2007

This is certainly a case of there being a Thousand Ways to Do It, but I'm
looking for suggestions/guidance as a novice RoR coder.

Essentially, I have a calendar of events that I would like to extend with
Typo functionality.

The events are loaded automatically from an outside source.

The functionality I would like to add is
1) Allow people to add comments, tags, categories to each individual event
listing (e.g. to treat the listing like a blog article)
2) Write blog posts which draw info from specified events (e.g. to write
non-event articles which include from an event)

I have a well-defined Event class.

If there's a way for an article to dynamically draw content from a ruby
element then I can just save an article when I save an event.

class EventsController < ApplicationController

def create
  @event = Event.new(params[:event])
  @article = this_blog.articles.build .... ???

I'd of course like to do this in a ruby-esque way that reuses code instead
doing nasty cut-and-pastes.

Let me know if I'm asking for a reinvention of the wheel.