[typo] Typo being slow after new posts

Piers Cawley pdcawley at bofh.org.uk
Thu Jun 7 05:32:37 EDT 2007

On 06/06/07, Eamon Ford <eamonford at mac.com> wrote:

> On Jun 6, 2007, at 1:18 AM, Piers Cawley wrote:
>
> > On 05/06/07, Eamon Ford <eamonford at mac.com> wrote:
> >> Hi all,
> >> Whenever I adjust my Typo settings, post a new entry, or post a
> >> comment, it takes Typo about 1 minute to load, the next time I load a
> >> page. Then after that first time, it works fine until the next time
> >> something is adjusted. Does anyone know what might be wrong here?
> >
> > What version of typo are you using?
> >
> Sorry, forgot to mention that: I'm using Typo 4.1.1.

One minute's pretty extreme to render a page - do you know what kind
of load the system is under? (There have been cases when the system
takes a long time to respond to a change because it's taking a long
time to flush the cache - and cache flushing is on mental 'to be
fixed' list, but it doesn't usually take so long to render a page...
What sidebars are you using? Are many of them based on RSS feeds?

> > Tangentially, it would be really handy if we had an
> > /admin/about_this_typo link somewhere which would give us a nice
> > potted description of the typo installation and its environment.
>
> How would I go about doing that? Does Typo have a page that shows all
> the installation info, or should I make it myself? Sorry, I'm new to
> Typo, so I don't know the ins and outs.

Ah, that was aimed more at the list in general than you in particular.
Typo doesn't have a page that shows all the installation info, and I'm
not quite sure what info really needs to go there... probably
something along the lines of Ruby version, RAILS_ENV, Caching state,
operating system, database, schema version, typo version and/or SVN
revision, list of plugins installed, a pretty printed representation
of blog.settings, List of sidebars. (All this needs to have any
passwords obscured, of course...)