[typo] drag drop admin doesn't work

Chris Patti cpatti at gmail.com
Wed Jun 6 15:48:59 EDT 2007

On 6/6/07, Jeroen Houben <jeroen at supercool.nl> wrote:
> Chris Patti wrote:
> >
> > Which version of Typo did you install? Was it from a gem or Subversion?
> >
> > I've seen issues where the sidebar drag will appear to work, but the
> > result won't show up in the rendered blog page - this has usually been
> > due to some kind of error with the sidebar - either malformed HTML in
> > the static sidebar, incorrect auth or a bug in the sidebar's code for
> > others.
> >
> > I've not seen the javascript error though.
>
> I installed the latest stable version locally from the gem. Made some
> changes (added a theme) checked the whole thing into SVN and deployed to
> a test server.
>
> I dropped the database and did a rake db:migrate to make sure I started
> from scratch again. That should have cleared out any malformed HTML that
> may have been stored right? Maybe some HTML was saved on disk and is
> still malformed. I'm getting the same error on my local installation now
> too. It initially seems to work, but after dragging 2 or 3 items it's
> broken again. They whole drag n drop seems a bit buggy and unnecessarily
> complex IMHO. It could just be something I did, just can't work out what
> that might be, it's pretty much a fresh install.
>

> Jeroen

You might try running typo sweep-cache on the blog.  That helped clear
up some bogons for me.

I'm still struggling with where my LiveJournal crossposter code should
go.  Guessing I should just give up and leave it alone since it works
:)

-Chris
--
 Chris Patti --- Y!: feoh -- AIM: chrisfeohpatti --- E-Mail:  cpatti at gmail.com
"The greatest dangers to liberty lurk in insidious encroachment by men of