[typo] drag drop admin doesn't work

Jeroen Houben jeroen at supercool.nl
Wed Jun 6 15:35:06 EDT 2007

Chris Patti wrote:
> On 6/6/07, Jeroen Houben <jeroen at supercool.nl> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I just installed typo. I can remove items from the sidebar but dragging
>> stuff onto the right doesn't work. The progress indicator keeps
>> spinning, but nothing happens and this error is thrown in javascript:
>>
>> Sortable.options(oldParentNode) has no properties
>> // this function Sortable.options(oldParentNode).onChange(element);
>>
>> This happens on osx firefox 2.0.4, camino and safari
>>
>> Any ideas?
>>
>> Jeroen
>
> Which version of Typo did you install? Was it from a gem or Subversion?
>
> I've seen issues where the sidebar drag will appear to work, but the
> result won't show up in the rendered blog page - this has usually been
> due to some kind of error with the sidebar - either malformed HTML in
> the static sidebar, incorrect auth or a bug in the sidebar's code for
> others.
>
> I've not seen the javascript error though.

I installed the latest stable version locally from the gem. Made some
changes (added a theme) checked the whole thing into SVN and deployed to
a test server.

I dropped the database and did a rake db:migrate to make sure I started
from scratch again. That should have cleared out any malformed HTML that
may have been stored right? Maybe some HTML was saved on disk and is
still malformed. I'm getting the same error on my local installation now
too. It initially seems to work, but after dragging 2 or 3 items it's
broken again. They whole drag n drop seems a bit buggy and unnecessarily
complex IMHO. It could just be something I did, just can't work out what
that might be, it's pretty much a fresh install.

Jeroen