[typo] Typo Running Very Slowly

Mitch Pirtle mitch at spacemonkeylabs.com
Tue Jul 31 08:43:31 EDT 2007

On Jul 30, 2007, at 23:22 , Eamon Ford wrote:

> Forgot to mention: I'm using "script/server" instead of "typo
> start", because I need to be able to run Typo on port 80.

Not that this will help your performance issues, but you can run
"typo config" to tell it to use port 80, and then you're back to
running like the rest of us ;-) Here's an oldie but a goodie:

http://scottstuff.net/blog/articles/2006/07/23/typo-installer

First off, when debugging performance issues I always try to
determine where the problem lies, in the following categories:

* disk - is there enough, is there a lot of activity (more than
should be)
* memory - is there enough available, is there excessive swapping
* cpu - is there enough available, is there excessive or heavy load

If you're lucky, one of those three will identify the source of your
problem and you can react accordingly. If there are no issues on
those three points and you're still having performance issues, then
you might want to check your mysqld setup - first by running the test
scripts that should have come with the distribution, and then from
another application that also uses mysqld. Also check your
environment.yml to be sure you are using a socket for your
connections (mysqld will *always* be faster on localhost with sockets).

Another area to check is your versions, what version of ruby, ruby-
mysql, and so on...

Hopefully that is enough for you to find the issue at least, and if
not please report back :-)

-- Mitch, hoping he's helpful