[typo] Invalid RSS feed

Mitch Pirtle mitch at spacemonkeylabs.com
Fri Jul 20 15:21:27 EDT 2007

Quoting Adam Gill <adamgill1 at gmail.com>, who spaketh thusly:

> Actually - I just noticed something. I had 11 or 12 articles in my blog,
> but the validator only returned 7 or 8 errors. I had inserted 7 or 8
> articles from my old blog via converting them using the rss.rb converter
> - and by default they had "NULL" as their user id. Maybe even though I
> then set their user id to be "1", there's some quirk which means it's
> not recognised, as I notice that under my user profile page in the admin
> section it says I've only published 3 articles (all of which I've
> published via the Typo admin system). Oh well, it's not the end of the
> world having my "author" variable set as a string instead of as
> "item.user.email". I guess we can say this "problem" is fixed now, as I
> get a valid feed so all is well.

Same here, with the PostgreSQL database as well. Basically I added a
bunch of old posts directly to the database (not through Typo) and
despite having the exact same data as all the other items in the
contents table, they are also generating RSS feed entries sans email.

Where is the difference here? From the database perspective, I can't tell.

-- Mitch