[typo] Invalid RSS feed

Adam Gill adamgill1 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 20 11:38:50 EDT 2007

Rick DeNatale wrote:
> On 7/20/07, Adam Gill <adamgill1 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Adam Gill wrote:
>> Interestingly, there was a line below it which read "email =
>> item.user.email rescue nil". I tried using "item.user.email" when fixing
>> the above error (so the line read "author = item.user.email rescue
>> author") but this did not have the desired effect of inserting my email
>> address in the author tags of the RSS feed, so I had to define the
>> "author" variable as my email address as a string. I'm not sure what's
>> wrong here; does everyone else's feed validate?
> Did you set your email address in your user profile?
Actually - I just noticed something. I had 11 or 12 articles in my blog,
but the validator only returned 7 or 8 errors. I had inserted 7 or 8
articles from my old blog via converting them using the rss.rb converter
- and by default they had "NULL" as their user id. Maybe even though I
then set their user id to be "1", there's some quirk which means it's
not recognised, as I notice that under my user profile page in the admin
section it says I've only published 3 articles (all of which I've
published via the Typo admin system). Oh well, it's not the end of the
world having my "author" variable set as a string instead of as
"item.user.email". I guess we can say this "problem" is fixed now, as I
get a valid feed so all is well.