[typo] Typo and Trackbacks

Adam Gill adamgill1 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 20 10:16:53 EDT 2007

Rick DeNatale wrote:
> What's the current state of trackbacks in Typo?  I can't seem to get
> trackbacks to another blog to work.  The stuff I find googling for
> typo trackback and the like confuses me.
> Is there someplace in the UI to put the trackback url of a post you
> are trying to track back to?
> That's how movable type seems to do things.
> http://www.cruftbox.com/cruft/docs/trackback.html
> Just how is this supposed to work in typo?
In the Settings area of the Admin area (i.e. the first page of the Admin
area) there's a bit that says:
"When publishing articles, Typo can send trackbacks to websites that you
link to. This should be disabled for private blogs as it will leak
non-public information to sites that you're discussing. For public
blogs, there's no real point in disabling this."
Just below this text there's a text that says "Send trackbacks" - make
sure it's enabled. From the looks of it Typo will automatically send
trackbacks when you link to websites in blog posts, as long as you link
to the trackback URL, though I'm not sure as I'm new to Typo myself.

This blog post -
http://blog.vazexqi.com/articles/2006/10/31/testing-trackback-in-typo -
seems to support this view. He links to a trackback URL in his post and
then edits it saying Typo automatically sent a trackback, so hopefully
that's how it works.