[typo] Switch To HAML?

Kevin Ballard kevin at sb.org
Wed Jan 31 21:09:56 EST 2007

I'd like to convert everything.

Unfortunately, the way HAML works now it *appears* (I haven't
exhaustively tested this, but it seems to be the case) that
overriding a view in a theme doesn't work if the theme uses rhtml and
the default view is haml. This means that themes would need to be
converted to haml to override any views that have already been
converted, and since I'd like to convert everything, that means
themes have to be haml.

That said, I'd love it if this problem were fixed in an upgrade to
Haml, so existing themes would still work.

On Jan 26, 2007, at 9:50 AM, Sean wrote:

> I was just wondering if Typo is being completely switched to HAML for
> views? Recent changesets seem to indicate this, and I was just
> wondering if there were also plans for keeping around an rhtml enabled
> theme, or if everything is going to be completely converted at some
> point.

Kevin Ballard
kevin at sb.org