[typo] Typo and Rails 1.2.1

Jake Good jake at whoisjake.com
Fri Jan 26 14:03:28 EST 2007

And also... for the conversion, if you're using Markdown with
Smartypants from Typo

and you have syntax like this:

[this is my link][1]

[1]: http://mywebsite.com "My Website"

Where you have a quoted phrase for the link title, you'll have to
switch the smartypants filter to do the

BlueCloth first and the RubyPants second, instead of the other way
around... What happens if they are reversed (how they are in svn) is
that the "My Website" get's parsed through RubyPants and never get's
picked up from BlueCloth and ends up not creating the link due to
invalid syntax.

I offered Rick Olson (of Mephisto) a patch for the change, but he has
some tests that break it.... and i have some tests (valid syntax)
that breaks the opposite. Stuck between Scilla and Charybdis.