[typo] Typo and Rails 1.2.1

Jake Good jake at whoisjake.com
Fri Jan 26 13:26:15 EST 2007

Well... there were a few things I had to change....

1) the Flickr plugin API key was bad, so I used my own...
2) I used Markdown with Smartypants on Typo... so I had to hard code
the conversion script to use smartypants_filter as the value for the
filter for all incoming articles, it was incorrectly converting from
Typo.
3) I added a few rewrite routes in the configuration of Mephisto and
changed a few variables in the settings (admin site) so that the URLs
were exactly the same.
4) I also had to ensure that EVERY one of my typo users had an email
address specified... otherwise it wouldn't work.
5) It also breaks if any of your flickr images (using <typo:flickr>)
are not there anymore... so I had to change one of my entries
manually...

I wrote up about the routes on my blog:
http://www.thoughtstoblog.com/articles/2007/1/13/from-typo-to-mephisto

A few routes I talk about in the article can be configured using path
prefixes in settings...

I also took the opportunity to bring my feed to feedburner as well,
did some hard redirects so that blog aggregators updated properly...

Jake