[typo] overriding Typo's .htaccess

Ernie Oporto ernieoporto at gmail.com
Wed Jan 3 16:01:07 EST 2007

An explanation is in order.  This is for a new Pepper in Mint.
In effect, I am redirecting to a PHP script that is taking care of tracking
IP address and clicks for subscribers.
This works for other feeds, but Typo has its own tree under all this which
seems to be interfering.
It requires something like the following in .htaccess in the root of the
directory.

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} ^/blog/xml/rss20/feed.xml
RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} !secretcode=a8e618
RewriteRule ^blog/xml/rss20/feed.xml
/mint/pepper/hansvankilsdonk/feedback/tracker.php?secretcode=a8e618&FB_feed=
http://www.shokk.com/blog/xml/rss20/feed.xml [R=301,NC,L]

On 1/3/07, Mike Mondragon <mikemondragon at gmail.com> wrote:

> Its not clear to me context of the problem you are trying to solve.
>
> An experience of mine might be related...
> I'm running apache and proxy "/blog" requests to an instance of Mongrel
> that is running typo.  Here's the blog post about doing that:
> http://mondragon.cc/blog/articles/2006/10/24/typo-4-0-apache2-mysql-gentoo
>
> This might also be related to the problem you are solving ...
> I wanted the Typo sitemap.xml to be in the root of my webserver instead of
> /blog/sitemap.xml
> At first I used an apache redirect:
> RedirectMatch ^/sitemap.xml$ http://mondragon.cc/blog/sitemap.xml
>
> But I dropped that and just have an hourly cron dump the real file to the
> root of the webserver:
> wget -q -O - http://mondragon.cc/blog/sitemap.xml >
> /path_to_apache_root/sitemap.xml
>
> Mike
>
> On 1/3/07, Ernie Oporto <ernieoporto at gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > I have a .htaccess at the top level of my web server.  I have a need to
> > place a redirect in there for the
> > http://www.site.com/blog/xml/rss20/feed.xml link, but this seems to be
> > overridden by the .htaccess in the blog/public directory or possibly some
> > other area in Typo.  Does anyone know how I can override that from the top
> > level?  Placing my redirect into the blog/public/.htaccess does not seem to
> > help.  Note that the "newurl" below is not under the /blog tree.
> >
> >     RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} ^/blog/xml/rss20/feed.xml
> >     RewriteRule ^blog/xml/rss20/feed.xml "newurl" [R=301,NC,L]
> >
> > or if this is braindead easy, slap me hard to wake me up. =)
> >
> > --
> > Ernie
> > http://www.shokk.com/blog/

> Mike Mondragon