[typo] overriding Typo's .htaccess

Mike Mondragon mikemondragon at gmail.com
Wed Jan 3 13:45:56 EST 2007

Its not clear to me context of the problem you are trying to solve.

An experience of mine might be related...
I'm running apache and proxy "/blog" requests to an instance of Mongrel that
is running typo.  Here's the blog post about doing that:

This might also be related to the problem you are solving ...
I wanted the Typo sitemap.xml to be in the root of my webserver instead of
At first I used an apache redirect:
RedirectMatch ^/sitemap.xml$ http://mondragon.cc/blog/sitemap.xml

But I dropped that and just have an hourly cron dump the real file to the
root of the webserver:
wget -q -O - http://mondragon.cc/blog/sitemap.xml >

On 1/3/07, Ernie Oporto <ernieoporto at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have a .htaccess at the top level of my web server.  I have a need to
> place a redirect in there for the
> http://www.site.com/blog/xml/rss20/feed.xml link, but this seems to be
> overridden by the .htaccess in the blog/public directory or possibly some
> other area in Typo.  Does anyone know how I can override that from the top
> level?  Placing my redirect into the blog/public/.htaccess does not seem to
> help.  Note that the "newurl" below is not under the /blog tree.
>     RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} ^/blog/xml/rss20/feed.xml
>     RewriteRule ^blog/xml/rss20/feed.xml "newurl" [R=301,NC,L]
> or if this is braindead easy, slap me hard to wake me up. =)
> --
> Ernie
> http://www.shokk.com/blog/

Mike Mondragon