[typo] Switch To HAML?

Frederic de Villamil neuro at 7el.net
Mon Feb 12 06:12:42 EST 2007

Le 12 févr. 07 à 11:49, Piers Cawley a écrit :

> Frederic de Villamil <neuro at 7el.net> writes:
>>> Buh? Who edits HTML in an XML editor? Especially since the eRB
>>> escapes aren't, to my knowledge, real XML escapes and so I should
>>> be able to construct a valid RHTML file which isn't valid XML.
>>> Why would you have to learn HAML? If we push out a stable Typo that
>>> uses HAML, we'll make sure themes can still use rhtml, so there
>>> should be no problem here.
>> What we're actually going to do is leave one theme with HAML and one
>> with RHTML.
>> This way, people who want to use HAML – like I do – will use it, and
>> people who want to open their template in an HTML editor will bbe
>> able to do so.
>> That way, everyone's going to be happy.
> With the possible exception of the sidebar writers. Can HAML templates
> include RHTML templates yet?

According to http://unspace.ca/discover/haml

"Not only can you use a combination of Haml, RHTML, and RXML
templates interchangeably, but as an added bonus Haml automatically
adjusts rendered output to the proper indentation level — even across

Thus I didn't have a look at how much this works.

- --
Frédéric de Villamil

Version: GnuPG v1.4.5 (Darwin)