[typo] Switch To HAML?

Kevin Ballard kevin at sb.org
Sun Feb 11 20:20:01 EST 2007

On Feb 2, 2007, at 12:55 PM, mathew wrote:

> I agree. I think HAML is a dumb idea, because it means you can't just
> edit your templates in a standard XHTML or XML editor.

Buh? Who edits HTML in an XML editor? Especially since the eRB
escapes aren't, to my knowledge, real XML escapes and so I should be
able to construct a valid RHTML file which isn't valid XML.

> If typo moves to HAML, I drop typo, unless there's an HTML-to-HAML
> converter. I don't want to learn another markup language unless
> there's a really, really compelling reason. Making templates take up
> less characters is not that reason.

Why would you have to learn HAML? If we push out a stable Typo that
uses HAML, we'll make sure themes can still use rhtml, so there
should be no problem here.

--
Kevin Ballard
http://kevin.sb.org