[typo] Rails broke typo

mathew meta at pobox.com
Tue Feb 6 23:20:57 EST 2007

On 2/6/07, Piers Cawley <pdcawley at bofh.org.uk> wrote:
> mathew <meta at pobox.com> writes:
> > I repeat my previous comment: either HAML goes, or I do.
> Boy, you know how to make friends and influence developers don't you?

Yeah, well, I studied at the Austin Ziegler Charm School on ruby-core. :-)

> For the record, as long as it's impossible to render rhtml partials
> from a HAMLized view, then I'm very much inclined to roll back the
> experiment of HAMLizing our various themes in favour of simply
> supporting people who want to write HAML partials for things like
> sidebars.

Oh, I have no objection to people writing HAML if they want to. In
fact, if people want to develop themes in M4, they can do that too. I
just need to be able to customize my web site by editing something
HTML-like. If I can't, I'll find some software where I can. It was the
HAMLization of the default template that shocked me.

> So a comment gatekeeper plugin would register itself as interested in
> post filtering .comment-box to add a "type the results of multiplying
> three by 10 here" type challenge and as a before handler
> for Article::Controller#comment to check for the presence of the
> correct captcha

And hopefully it'd do a better job than the PHP captchas I keep
running into that fail to recognize the correct answer to their own
challenge because they assumed they had permission to store cookies in
my browser.