[typo] Layouts help needed

Ben Reubenstein benr at x-cr.com
Sun Dec 30 12:18:21 EST 2007

Hi ~
You would implement this by checking if the controller/action is the index
page on the layout for your theme.  If it is you would render a different
partial.  I guess you could do it with a before_filter too that dynamically
assigned the layout, but this could get messy since you would be messing
with the Typo source.

~ Ben

On 12/30/07, Sanjay Bisht <crazy.bisht at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Piers,
>
> Can you please explain as to what you just mentioned. I did not understand
> you perfectly.
>
> On Dec 30, 2007 8:12 PM, Piers Cawley <pdcawley at bofh.org.uk > wrote:
>
> > On 12/30/07, Sanjay Bisht < crazy.bisht at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I am trying to create a new theme for Typo. For this I want the index
> > page
> > > to have a different layout than the rest of the pages. Can someone
> > please
> > > help me in this direction, as to how can I set up a new layout for the
> > > page apart from the default layout.
> >

> > You can't. Well, not directly. You'd have to have a test in the
> > default layout and have it select the actual layout partial to use.

Ben Reubenstein
303-947-0446
http://www.x-cr.com