[typo] Lots of spam up on Trac

Thomas, Mark - BLS CTR Thomas.Mark at bls.gov
Fri Sep 29 15:23:27 EDT 2006

That's true; once the capability to deface Trac is in the toolset,
spammers will continue to use it. However, if a spammer wants to add a
new wiki to his toolset, they'd prefer one that doesn't put nofollow on
the links. Better yet, if the history pages don't have a nofollow
associated with them, then they still get benefits even after the
content is rolled back. Having the nofollow is certainly a disincentive,
I mean, what good is obvious linkspam if it isn't picked up by search

But yes, it alone doesn't prevent linkspam. Neither does blacklists. The
only thing that seems to work is CAPTCHA. On a comment form I'm
currently working on, I'm thinking about implementing selective captcha,
where CAPTCHA is required only when some minimum number of links exist
in the post.