[typo] Catching up with Rails

Piers Cawley pdcawley at bofh.org.uk
Thu Sep 28 19:24:42 EDT 2006

"Scott Laird" <scott at sigkill.org> writes:

> I'm kind of conflicted about this.  On one hand, the end result will
> probably be great.  On the other hand, this is going to mean a long
> period of instability and random user complaints while we finish
> migrating everything.  And it'll also remove a bunch of code that I
> more or less understand and replace it with new code that I'll have to
> learn.

Heh. I've just thrown up an experimental/restful branch with my work
so far. Tests are passing with the exception of one that seems to be a
rails bug, and the only deprecation warning we're getting looks like
being another case of Rails making an unwarranted assumption -- we
don't ever call the function it's complaining about.

> Perhaps we should consider finishing up 4.1 first and then start on
> this?  When is Rails 1.2 due?

What are we lacking for 4.1?

And I'm not sure when 1.2 is due, but the noises at the European Rails
Conf seemed to to imply it was coming real soon now.

--
Piers Cawley <pdcawley at bofh.org.uk>
http://www.bofh.org.uk/