[typo] Catching up with Rails

Piers Cawley pdcawley at bofh.org.uk
Thu Sep 28 12:17:28 EDT 2006

Matt Rose <mattrose at folkwolf.net> writes:

> I say do it.  Every good project needs a good ground-up rewrite now and
> then, and I think typo is past due.  There's a lot of cruft in typo that
> just needs to go.  Can anyone say, AJAX Sidebar activation?

Actually, that's fixable. But it's been problematic because it really
didn't sit well with the workings of the sidebar object; we're
roundtripping to the database far too often when we could/should be
letting the browser retain the information. I've been planning a
rewrite for about a yonk though.

The other option (which makes a great deal of sense for some themes)
is to just have sidebar partials which you can edit in the admin
interface (probably using liquid rather than rhtml). The idea being
that it'd make it a *great* deal easier to have multiple sidebars.

I'll see what I find out as I do the work though.

--
Piers Cawley <pdcawley at bofh.org.uk>
http://www.bofh.org.uk/