[typo] Plugin for truly permanent permalinks, via prefixing the id

Tim Connor qeantk at gmail.com
Tue Oct 24 21:24:39 EDT 2006

I went with this approach as a low hanging fruit, and if it stays a plugin
forever, for those who want it, that's cool with me.  I actually considered
the centrally allocated number (the id) a bonus. This is more for keeping
the handy date/title URI, but just tweaking it a tiny bit so that the text
is editable, without invalidating the permalink.  As for look of the URL,
maybe it is a tiny bit more obscure, but I didn't really think it could be
much so.  Compare:

old:
http://www.timocracy.com/articles/2006/10/24/funny-rails-shirts-test-of-the-emergency-broadcast-system
new:
http://www.timocracy.com/articles/2006/10/24/24-funny-rails-shirts-test-of-the-emergency-broadcast-system

Maybe it does loose the clarity of the date then?  It wouldn't take too much
work to make it

new:
http://www.timocracy.com/articles/2006/10/24/article-24-funny-rails-shirts-test-of-the-emergency-broadcast-systemor
something similar.

Now if someone wanted a more wiki-ish permalink scheme, it actually would be
pretty easy*, I just like throwing the numeric ID in there, because nobody
looks at blog URIs as much as wiki ones, since they are more likely to be
interblog than intrablog, thus will have the whole domain and all that cruft
(from the view of a human readable resource) in the link, anyways.  I just
took this, http://www.notsostupid.com/blog/2006/07/07/urls-on-rails/, and
re-added the id, since we already have the rest of the slug.

Thanks for the feedback. :D
Tim

*Hell, if there were demand, I might be tempted to design a fuller featured
plugin that gave you a preference of permalink schemes.

Tim