[typo] "Send a trackback" field

Frederic de Villamil neuro at 7el.net
Mon Oct 23 06:03:43 EDT 2006

Le 23 oct. 06 à 11:19, Trejkaz a écrit :

> On Monday 23 October 2006 18:11, Frederic de Villamil wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> as trac is still down and I want to keep tracks of those things, I
>> just post on the mailing list.
>>
>> We had someone asking for a "send a trackback to" field in the post
>> interface, and it's true typo lacks such a functionnality.
>>
>> However, I don't know if it's that much a good idea to add such a
>> functionnality when more and more blogging platforms (like typepad)
>> disables trackbacks entries because of spam. Maybe there are some
>> much more important things to do, aren't  there ?
>
> If your post is actually relevant to theirs in the first place
> (which is the
> point of trackbacks, IMO) then you should have a link to their site
> in the
> body somewhere.
>
> TX

I know that, I was just transmiting a feature demand because it is a
functionnality you can see on almost all blogging platform, and even
though I don't think it's mandatory to have one, people using Typo
may want to see it in their favourite blogging tool.

Frederic

--
Frédéric de Villamil
"Sadness is just another word for not enough coffee"  -- Scott Adams