[typo] Spam control again

Piers Cawley pdcawley at bofh.org.uk
Thu Oct 19 07:34:14 EDT 2006

Would anyone be awfully upset if I removed the DNS blacklist based
spam checking for the time being? I want to try and pluginize the
various spam detectors so that it's easier to configure the sort of
thing you want (and probably to configure the default published state,
etc).

The problem I have with the RBL stuff is that DNS lookups can take an
age, and we're really not remotely threadsafe at this point, so it's
not something that can really be backgrounded that effectively.

Once I've got the plugin approach sorted, it shouldn't be too hard to
add RBL checking back in or to write a *spit* CAPTCHA system.

--
Piers Cawley <pdcawley at bofh.org.uk>
http://www.bofh.org.uk/