[typo] Typo macro text plugin for YouTube

Maurizio Lemmo - Tannoiser tannoiser at tenzione.it
Sun Oct 15 06:25:30 EDT 2006

* martedì 10 ottobre 2006, alle 15:02, Steve Lenti scrive:
> Updated with a brand new version with lots of new features including
> support for Google Video.
>
> Check it out
>
> http://youdummy.net/blog/articles/2006/10/09/updated-video-macro-plugin-for-typo

Hi Steve,

I'm taking a look to your plugin.

May I suggest an improve? The code for embedding youtube (and google
also), is not xhtml compliant.

It's not your fault, of course, it's came from youtube already "broken".
The problem to me, is the use of <embed> tag. This tag is an
Internet-Explorer only and not a valid tag for xhtml for what I know.

I modified the suggested code from youtube in this way:

from the one suggested from youtube (I pick a random video):

<object width="425" height="350">
<param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AR0HZZeCVYE"></param>
<param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param>
<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AR0HZZeCVYE" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed>
</object>

in this:

<object width="425" height="350" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="http://www.youtube.com/v/AR0HZZeCVYE">
<param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AR0HZZeCVYE"></param>
<param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param>
</object>

In this way, the xhtml code validate and run correctly (I'm not tested
with IE beacause I'haven't one, but, the code is xhtml valid, so, I
think it's had to work).

With this in mind, I could suggest to modify your plugin in this way?

If you think it's make sense, I could send you a patch.

Nice plugin in any case.

Bye,

--
                          Maurizio - Tannoiser - Lemmo