[typo] Typo on Textdrive

Steve Longdo steve.longdo at gmail.com
Fri Oct 13 21:23:36 EDT 2006

I did a little write up on this.  The main memory hog is "sparklines"
because of its dependency on RMagick.  Removing the text filter for
sparklines should do the trick.

http://www.stevelongdo.com/articles/2006/08/04/typo-4-0-and-memory-reduction

Also since patching RubyGems I have had wonderfully stable processes on
TxD.  My typo blog has gone for than a month without a restart.  You will
want to prune the log files once in a while though.  "truncate -s -100M
*.log" in the /log directory is nice for that.

On 10/13/06, Sterling Anderson <sterling at sterlinganderson.net> wrote:

> Is anyone running Typo on Textdrive? The damn thing keeps dying on me and
> I just got a slap on the wrist for setting up a cron job that was running a
> bash script that checked if it was running and relaunched if necessary.
>
> If you aren't on Textdrive are there any Typo friendly hosts?
>
> --
> Sterling Anderson
> sterling [at] sterlinganderson.net
> http://sterlinganderson.net/