[typo] hosting multiple blogs with the same app

hemant kumar inxs.hemant at gmail.com
Fri Oct 6 01:34:34 EDT 2006

Hi All,

I am modifying typo so as, I can host multiple blogs on the same typo.
And its almost done, except that...i am stuck at one place.

When a user posts a new article, depending upon current blog_id, I would
like to set the blog_id attribute of @article object.

So..in the admin/content_controller.rb:

We have:

def new_or_edit
    if request.post?
      logger.info("**** and blog id in article is #{@article.blog_id}")
      if @article.save
        redirect_to :action => 'show', :id => @article.id

So, just before the actual save, the value printed by logger.info is "****
and blog id in article is 2".But after @article.save is called...whatever
may be the current blog_id, the value that gets stored in database is always
1. And I have no clue, why is this.

Another pointer. new_or_edit calls a method "get_or_build_article", before
actually saving article:

when 'new'
                 art = this_blog.articles.build
                 logger.info("**** and blog id is #{this_blog.id}")
                 art.allow_comments = this_blog.default_allow_comments
                 art.allow_pings    = this_blog.default_allow_pings
                 art.published      = true

so...the above code also prints blog_id as 2. But again...the value that
goes in database is always 1.

Any clues, why is this?