[typo] is r1303 unstable for others, too?

Piers Cawley pdcawley at bofh.org.uk
Mon Nov 27 10:36:36 EST 2006

"Urban Hafner" <urban at bettong.net> writes:

> On 11/26/2006, "Piers Cawley" <pdcawley at bofh.org.uk> wrote:
>>Urban Hafner <urban at bettong.net> writes:
>>> I'll try tomorrow. Is there anything special to be aware of? Like
>>> having to migrating the database back?
> I did this and r1299 seems to be stable. At least at the test I used to
> trigger this memory leak:
> 1. Go to homepage
> 2. Go to main admin page
> 3. Click empty fragment cache
> 4. Reload homepage
> 5. Boom!
> When I do this at r1300 I get the following on my console:
> [FATAL] failed to allocate memory
> Neither the fastcgi.crash.log nor the production.log contain any error
> messages. Should I try and switch to development. Does this give more
> output?

Development probably doesn't give more output, and probably breaks, if
anything earlier. But it might be worth trying.

One other thing to try is to change blog.rb, text_filter.rb and
user.rb back to using ActiveRecord::Base rather than CachedModel as
their super classes.

If you do remove the CachedModel inheritance stuff, you can also
modify the beginning of app/controllers/application.rb so the opening
stanza looks like:

  include LoginSystem
  # before_filter :reset_local_cache, :fire_triggers
  before_filter :fire_triggers
  # after_filter :reset_local_cache

I'm afraid this sort of debugging is unlikely to be quick -- I run
with a different hosting provider, or I could probably get at what's
up a wee bit quicker. Thanks for your help with this.

Piers Cawley <pdcawley at bofh.org.uk>