[typo] is r1303 unstable for others, too?

Urban Hafner urban at bettong.net
Mon Nov 27 05:07:30 EST 2006

On 11/26/2006, "Piers Cawley" <pdcawley at bofh.org.uk> wrote:

>Urban Hafner <urban at bettong.net> writes:
>> On Nov 24, 2006, at 20:24 , Piers Cawley wrote:
>>> What happens if you roll back to r1299?
>>> That takes it back to rails 1.1.6. If it's stable, I'd appreciate it
>>> if you could then step forward to r1300 check that for stability.
>>> If it's stable, move forward one step at a time checking each version
>>> for stability, which should help us nail down which specific changes
>>> are responsible for what I'm assuming is a memory leak issue.
>> I'll try tomorrow. Is there anything special to be aware of? Like
>> having to migrating the database back?

I did this and r1299 seems to be stable. At least at the test I used to
trigger this memory leak:

1. Go to homepage
2. Go to main admin page
3. Click empty fragment cache
4. Reload homepage
5. Boom!

When I do this at r1300 I get the following on my console:

[FATAL] failed to allocate memory

Neither the fastcgi.crash.log nor the production.log contain any error
messages. Should I try and switch to development. Does this give more