[typo] Posting failure with certain content

Urban Hafner urban at bettong.net
Mon Nov 13 04:41:16 EST 2006

On 11/5/2006, "Ian Burrell" <ianburrell at gmail.com> wrote:

>I would report a bug but the trac site is down.  I am running typo
>4.0.x branch and using Markdown as the filter.  Writing "ssh " in the
>content or title of an article causes the preview to fail with the
>following error message:

I get the same error message with the Textile filter, so that's probably
not the problem.

>Precondition Failed
>The precondition on the request for the URL
>/blog/admin/content/preview evaluated to false.
>Posting the failing article causes a similar failure but for
>It seems to be the string "ssh " with the space. "SSH " also works.
>It works on the substring so "abcssh " does it.

I my case a code block triggered the precondition failure. If I removed
it the post would go through. Here's the text:

hafner at nelson:~$ cat bin/typo-clear-sessions.sh
echo "Clear Typo session table"
/usr/local/bin/ruby /home/hafner/bettong.net/www/script/runner
'ActiveRecord::Base.connection.delete("DELETE FROM sessions WHERE
updated_at < now() - INTERVAL 72 HOUR")'

Trying to reduce the amount of text needed to trigger this behaviour I
came up with almost the same as Ian. Here it's "echo " (not the
space) that make the precondition fail.