[typo] "Guid has already been taken" error

Cory Vander Jagt cdvander at gmail.com
Fri Mar 31 16:25:48 EST 2006

hello -

sorry for the spam if there is a better place to look for this sort of
thing, but my old install of typo started acting strangely the other day so
i tried to upgrade.  i wasn't having much luck, so i did a fresh install of
the latest trunk release (977 i believe) and then imported my old articles
from a text file.

that worked fine, except now, when i try to post a new article i get the
following error:

1 error prohibited this article from being saved
> There were problems with the following fields:
>     * Guid has already been taken

I've tried changing and even deleting the old guid's from the database but
that doesn't help.  any suggestions?