[typo] Towards 4.0.0

phil phil at cryer.us
Fri Mar 31 10:50:57 EST 2006

On Fri, 31 Mar 2006 04:51:17 +0100, Piers Cawley <pdcawley at bofh.org.uk> wrote:
> Actually, I'm about to have a crack at adapting one of the competition
> themes to the trunk myself. Since I can't quite remember what *has*
> changed, I shall keep notes as I make the changes (or at least run
> diff on the results and extract instructions from there).

I've had a heck of a time staying with a theme, as when I update to trunk oftentimes my site will work, but only display the titles, no content for my articles.  Othertimes things look good until you click on a link, and then that page bombs with the 'permalink' error.

Regardless of how much I love the Lucid theme, having to kill the public/ directory and clearing the cache to get (parts of it) to work right after an update is too much.  I'm now using the excellent 'Scribage', but I haven't modified it at all.  I think having 4-5 nice contest themes packaged into 4.0 would be nice, that way we'd have some 'just work' themes for that, and then hopefully Typogarden can start tagging themes with which ver they're known to work on.

http://fak3r.com - you dont have to kick it