[typo] Towards 4.0.0

Piers Cawley pdcawley at bofh.org.uk
Thu Mar 30 22:51:17 EST 2006

Rodger Donaldson <rodgerd at diaspora.gen.nz> writes:

> On Thu, Mar 30, 2006 at 09:29:48AM +0100, Piers Cawley wrote:
>> Again, I'm interested in everyone's input, but I'm particularly keen
>> to hear from anyone still running 2.6.0.
> Last time I tried a rake migrate on my test box it was a disaster
> area; I'm quite happy to do a dump of my prod 2.6 DB into a dev DB and
> redo if that will provide useful debugging.

That would be handy. We're rather more confident of the migration
routes now that we use BareMigrations. Essentially, all the migrations
are now protected from changes in our model classes.

I'm less confident of the automigrate from a pre blog object to the
current schema though.

> My site theme, which is based off one from the competition, didn't
> work, but I don't see that as something that the developers need to
> worry about, except perhaps by providing some documentation around
> what's changed that requires theme changes.

Actually, I'm about to have a crack at adapting one of the competition
themes to the trunk myself. Since I can't quite remember what *has*
changed, I shall keep notes as I make the changes (or at least run
diff on the results and extract instructions from there).

Piers Cawley <pdcawley at bofh.org.uk>