[typo] 1.1 or 1.0, choose now!

Jon Gretar Borgthorsson jon.borgthorsson at gmail.com
Thu Mar 30 07:03:05 EST 2006

I think that requiring 1.1 could give so many benefits. 1.1 includes
so many great upgrades and added functionality. I for example see many
ways on how using RJS can further seperate funtionality and theme and
thus making theme building even more simpler than it is now.

But the big question is..... When is the next major release? Is the
beta for 3.0.0 a year away or a month. I see how it can be simpler to
be able to say that version 2.6 is 1.0 supported and version 3.0 is
only 1.1+.

But that doesn't work if eveyone has to wait for 9 months. 1.2 will
propably be out by then.

On 3/30/06, Piers Cawley <pdcawley at bofh.org.uk> wrote:
> After further testing of the rails_1_1 branch, it seems I was rather
> to sanguine about how well it works with Rails 1.0. Essentially, it
> doesn't, I don't know why, and working out why is going to be HARD.
> So, we're faced with a choice: we can move the typo trunk to a point
> where we *require* Rails 1.1, or we can wait until we come up with a
> fix for 1.0.
> My gut feeling (especially given the speed with which the hosting
> companies have made the switch to 1.1) is that we should just move
> over to requiring 1.1 as soon as possible; there's lots of goodies in
> there that I want to use for typo; we'd probably be going to 1.1 only
> pretty swiftly any way.
> If we do this, we'd tag revision 971 (the current trunk HEAD) as
> 'good_with_1_0' or something and just move on.
> What does the panel think?
> --
> Piers Cawley <pdcawley at bofh.org.uk>
> http://www.bofh.org.uk/
> _______________________________________________
> Typo-list mailing list
> Typo-list at rubyforge.org
> http://rubyforge.org/mailman/listinfo/typo-list

Jon Gretar Borgthorsson

More information about the Typo-list mailing list