[typo] 1.1 or 1.0, choose now!

Piers Cawley pdcawley at bofh.org.uk
Thu Mar 30 01:11:32 EST 2006

After further testing of the rails_1_1 branch, it seems I was rather
to sanguine about how well it works with Rails 1.0. Essentially, it
doesn't, I don't know why, and working out why is going to be HARD.

So, we're faced with a choice: we can move the typo trunk to a point
where we *require* Rails 1.1, or we can wait until we come up with a
fix for 1.0.

My gut feeling (especially given the speed with which the hosting
companies have made the switch to 1.1) is that we should just move
over to requiring 1.1 as soon as possible; there's lots of goodies in
there that I want to use for typo; we'd probably be going to 1.1 only
pretty swiftly any way.

If we do this, we'd tag revision 971 (the current trunk HEAD) as
'good_with_1_0' or something and just move on.

What does the panel think?

--
Piers Cawley <pdcawley at bofh.org.uk>
http://www.bofh.org.uk/