[typo] The rails_1_1 branch

Piers Cawley pdcawley at bofh.org.uk
Thu Mar 30 00:01:40 EST 2006

Okay, who wants to be on the bleading edge?

If you've been watching the typo trac[1], you'll have seen that we now
have a rails_1_1 branch. If you've been watching carefully, you'll be
aware that we think we've ironed out the bugs and it works for both
Rails 1.1 and 1.0 with the following caveat:

* Under Rails 1.0 it's a wee bit fragile in development mode; if you
  interrupt a request before it's finished, you'll get a white screen
  of death

However, from the testing I've managed to give it, it seems to be
reasonably bulletproof under Rails 1.1 in both development and
production mode, and under Rails 1.0 in production mode. Since a lot
of you are using production mode, you probably won't see the 1.0
problems.

So, before we merge the branch back onto the main line and call it
done, we'd appreciate bug reports and 'no bug' reports from as many
people as possible. The magic incantation to run from your typo base
directory is

  $ svn switch svn://typosphere.org/typo/branches/rails_1_1

If you don't have your typo repository under svn control, you can
check it out using:

  $ svn co svn://typosphere.org/typo/branches/rails_1_1 <target_directory>

If you're running Typo 2.6.0, you'll need to freeze rails 1.0 in your
vendor directory; I'm afraid we're unlikely to go back and fix it to
work with Rails 1.1, but if anyone has a patch.

1. http://www.typosphere.org/trac/timeline -- a good place to start

--
Piers Cawley <pdcawley at bofh.org.uk>
http://www.bofh.org.uk/