[typo] How to lock Typo to Rails 1.0?

Steve Longdo steve.longdo at gmail.com
Wed Mar 29 17:09:27 EST 2006

I think the issue with this might be that the Typo environment.rb includes
the vendor/rails/*/lib in the config.load_paths and that might be why:

require_gem 'rails', '= 1.1.0'

doesn't work so good.  Really the Typo team dropped the ball on this one, it
isn't like they didn't know that Rails 1.1 was coming or that they were
going to have problems.  I am disappointed with the response from them which
has been near silence.

Even when they are ready the memory consumption/CPU usage now exceeds the
max per process on Textdrive.  So without some clean up to the codebase
people will be in for a shock when they can get to Rails 1.1 and Typo 4.0 on
a shred host because it will get killed anyway. *sigh*