[typo] Rails 1.1?

Pascal psq at nanorails.com
Wed Mar 29 02:10:15 EST 2006

Jon Gretar Borgthorsson <jon.borgthorsson <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Seeing that many of the bigger hosting companies have upgraded to
> version 1.1 after just one day I have to say that any fancy methods of
> supporting both 1.0 and 1.1 are unneeded and will only complex typo. I
> think the best thing to do is to make the current trunk be the last
> version to support 1.0 and make an archive of it available in some
> back support page.

Based on my experience today at dreamhost, I agree.  Let's just go for support
with 1.1.

Here's the blow by blow recount of a few intense 2 hours to force my typo
install to use good old 1.0:
http://blog.nanorails.com/articles/2006/03/28/rake-freeze_gems-fails-because-rails-gem-is-not-installed
http://blog.nanorails.com/articles/2006/03/28/freeze-all-your-ruby-gems-on-a-shared-host

Cheers,