[typo] Rails 1.1?

Steve Longdo steve.longdo at gmail.com
Tue Mar 28 22:13:08 EST 2006

I ran afoul of Textdrive also.  The only way to keep running there is to
roll back to Rails 1.0 by running:

rake freeze_edge REVISION=3303

FYI when you run a "newer" release of Typo (somewhere in the late r800's) it
consumes enough memory that the Textdrive servers will kill the process
anyway.  Until memory consumption can be reigned in, no one will be running
a newer version of Typo on Textdrive's servers.  Something holds on too way
more memory than it should.  I haven't been able to track it down yet.

Mostly because other than ObjectSpace to see in general how many objects
there are, I don't know of a way to see how much memory a given object/set
of objects is taking up.  Would a C extension to call sizeOf be necessary or
the some other way to findout Object memory size in Ruby?

-Steve