[typo] Rails 1.1?

jonasb.16759522 at bloglines.com jonasb.16759522 at bloglines.com
Tue Mar 28 16:42:32 EST 2006

But isn't it recommended to use a frozen version of Rails, at least when using
shared hosting. If most Typo users use frozen Rails the size of the Typo distribution
wouldn't matter that much.

But if there's not that much hassle supporting
multiple Rails version I guess it's not worth it.

/Jonas

--- typo-list at rubyforge.org
wrote:
Because Rails is much larger then Typo, and we'd rather not make Typo
grow
> that much larger if we can avoid it.  We can nail Typo to specific
Rails
> versions (and we probably will for releases from now on), but I don't
think
> that distributing Rails with Typo solves many problems.
>

> Scott
>
> On 28 Mar 2006 19:57:45 -0000, jonasb.16759522 at bloglines.com
<
> jonasb.16759522 at bloglines.com> wrote:
> >
> > I've asked it before,
but got no answer (that I can recall): why doesn't
> > Typo
> > contain
a frozen version of Rails so that everyone runs the same version?

> > (That doesn't solve the problem with incompatibilities with Rails 1.1
but
> > I think there would be less problems)
> >
> > /Jonas (jonas.b at home.se)

> > --- typo-list at rubyforge.org