[typo] Ajax in Sidebar Plug-in Admin Interface

Piers Cawley pdcawley at bofh.org.uk
Tue Mar 21 08:20:26 EST 2006

"Chris Saylor" <cwsaylor at gmail.com> writes:

> The drag and drop portion is working fine. It just doesn't communicate
> back to the method I have defined in my plugin controller.

And it won't do; it's a function of how sidebars work; the only
actions they can respond to are configure and content, and those are
pretty constrained.

> What I'm actually trying to do is create a page menu plugin. The drag
> and drop is for sorting the pages in the menu. I'm actually thinking
> the sorting functionality would be better put in the show pages admin
> screen, and the order field stored in the content table. What do you
> think?

Umm... I've always just used a static sidebar for my links to
pages. If belongs anywhere, it belongs in a plugin rather than
complicating the admin interface any further. But, right now, you
can't do what you want.

When the trac's up, we need to add an "allow sidebar plugins to respond
to more actions than just 'content' and 'configure'" ticket with a
quick discussion of what you're trying to do. Probably marked as for
4.x/5.0 I'm afraid.

Piers Cawley <pdcawley at bofh.org.uk>