[typo] Flickr Plug-in Issue

Piers Cawley pdcawley at bofh.org.uk
Sat Mar 18 13:15:41 EST 2006

"Steve Longdo" <steve.longdo at gmail.com> writes:

> I had that problem for a bit.  I would recommend going and getting
> your own flickr API key ( http://www.flickr.com/services/api/key.gne
> ).  I did that and replaced the value in the environment.rb file
> (last line in the file) with my key, the flickr photos returned and
> the prophecy was fulfilled ;-P

I think in this case it's something else; the problem was that I got a
bit eager moving stuff from application.rb to content_controller.rb
and moved something that the aggregator based sidebars depended on
and, because we'd made the mistake of doing:

   @flickr =
     check_cache(FlickrAggregation, @sb_config['feed'] rescue nil

we weren't even logging the errors.

I wonder if there's a case for something like:

  def evaluate_and_log_error(failure_default = nil)
    begin
      yield
    rescue Exception => e
      logger.info e
      failure_default
    end
  end

and replacing all our 'rescue nil' entries with something along those lines.

--
Piers Cawley <pdcawley at bofh.org.uk>
http://www.bofh.org.uk/