[typo] Recent Multi-Blog update Breaks

Gary Shewan gpsnospam at gmail.com
Sat Mar 18 05:22:10 EST 2006

On 18 Mar 2006, at 02:34, Kevin Ballard wrote:

> Doing such would kill the Typo project. Maintaining two parallel
> branches like that would be an absolute nightmare for maintenance,
> and either one branch would wither and die or both would.
>
> On Mar 17, 2006, at 9:00 AM, Gary Shewan wrote:
>
>> Sigh, well that's me not upgrading in trunk.  Multi blog support is
>> bloat for those of us running Typo on single sites.  I think it's a
>> bad move to keep this in trunk.  If you want me to throw a penny in
>> I'd say split it now.  The initial attraction of Typo because it was
>> lean.  Why keep multi blog in trunk when not everyone wants it?  It's
>> screaming out for a separate branch.

That's nonsense.  Since when has adding multiblog support to a
blogging engine killed the project?  You're scare-mongering and that
doesn't help.

I still say I don't like the idea of multiblog support being wedged
into the main trunk.  If it's going to be done, it needs to be done
right.  Textpattern still doesn't provide full multiblog support,
Wordpress has an entirely different project (Wordpress MU) and
Moveable Type worked on it in the background until it was ready.
Learn a lesson there.  Stamp on all the outstanding bugs.  Get
another good stable release out of the door and then look at
multiblog support.  One minute there's talk about the run up to 4.0
then the next multiblog support is jammed into trunk.

Madness.

But that's just my opinion ;)