[typo] Switching theme support in Typo to Liquid?

Kevin Ballard kevin at sb.org
Thu Mar 16 23:01:09 EST 2006

I haven't looked much at Liquid, but my understanding of the purpose
of the non-evaling/security features was so people with no Ruby
knowledge could customize their shop appearance without worry. I
don't think we're targeting quite that low a level of knowledge with
ruby themes, so I don't know how much benefit we'd get from
switching. I also don't know if it would prevent any potential
features from being implemented in themes.

On Mar 16, 2006, at 9:17 AM, Sean Mountcastle wrote:

> Has anyone investigated the amount of work required to switch the
> theme support in Typo to Liquid (http://home.leetsoft.com/liquid)?  I
> realize there are a large number of themes out there which Typo would
> like to continue to support, but while investigating multiple blog
> support for Typo, I thought the non-evaling/security features of
> Liquid would be very nice to have.

Kevin Ballard
kevin at sb.org